MASTECTOMY SCAR TREATMENT
-For Massage Therapists
The treatment and rehabilitation of scar tissue post surgery is imperative to a full recovery. Prevent contractures, support tissue health, and regain optimal function via manual manipulation of the surgery site and peripheral structures.
Two Day Course
1. Describe the applied anatomy of healthy breast tissue.
2. Describe the process of breast cancers and their various treatments.
3. Describe the anatomy of scar tissue.
4. Demonstrate various Myofascial Release techniques applicable to the mastectomy site.
5. Identify precautions and risks associated with a mastectomy.
6. Demonstrate relevant modifications to treatment and communication.